I was thinking about blog traffic and what it is that draws readers to blogs. Then I started looking inward. What draws me to other people’s blogs? What is it that keeps me coming back? I think I am mostly drawn to personal blogs, especially by women. Somehow age does not matter. If you have engaged me, it doesn’t matter if you’re 20 or 80. Unlike what the blogging experts say, I think you don’t need to have a niche, because I am drawn to you and your stories.
These are 10 reasons that came to mind immediately:
1. I am drawn to your brave and candid posts where you let all your raw emotions hang out. It makes me feel that I am not alone and your vulnerability draws me in hook, line and sinker.
2. It’s fascinating when you blog with high quality pictures of your life – your stunning, strange and intimate images.
3. When your writing style is clean and crisp – it’s just a total delight to read and I start wishing I could write like you.
4. When I find that you’re always teaching me something that improves my life.
5. Sharing your uniquely fresh perspective and making me look at life in a way I have never done before.
6. When you constantly inspire me and help me squash that negative voice in my head. When you make me feel fired up and like anything is possible.
7. When you write every day, as I am already addicted to daily shots of you and feel forlorn when there is no new post or worse – when you no longer post.
8. When your blog is uncluttered, gorgeous and the font is clear and kind to my eyes.
9. You bring me the latest breaking news that’s super interesting.
10. You blog about some new place or food in Singapore that I am aching to try out or explore now. And I love it when you’re a self engaged secret shopper or diner and I know your post is unbiased.