I decided to write a post that makes me feel good.
Let me start from the beginning. I was thinking of bucket lists today. If I had unlimited time money and resources, right now, the thing I most want would be to spend some time in California and check out the West Coast of the USA. Maybe one day. But for now, I scoured the web for bucket lists and I picked out all the things that I have already done. Gave me a huge boost and I hope you’ll be inspired to try it too:
Things I’ve Done from this list:
1. Spend a whole day eating junk food without feeling guilty.
2. Be a member of the audience in a TV show. (it was a local game show, but I would love to be in the audience on an American Talk Show one Day)
3. Learn not to say yes when you really mean no.
4. Learn to play a musical instrument with some degree of skill.
5. Sing a great song in front of an audience. (does doing it when I was ten count?)
6. Make a complete and utter fool of yourself. (so many times I loose count)
7. Learn how to complain effectively — and do it!
8. Spend a whole day reading a great novel. (so glad I’ve done this many many times)
9. Find a job you love. (I used to have 2 jobs I loved and hope to find that joy again)
10. Attend one really huge rock concert. (Phil Collins – my one and only rock concert and he was fabulous on the drums)
11. Create your own web site. (this blog counts right?)
12. Learn to use a microphone and give a speech in public. (not my favourite thing, but had to do this many times at work)
Explored another list here:
13. Learn to play golf (I suck at sports but I am glad I learnt how to play)
14. Learn to play tennis (ditto)
15. Learn to play squash (ditto)
16. Learn to play badminton (ditto)
17. Learn to bowl (I’m not too bad)
18. Bowl a strike
19. Learn to swim (love the water)
20. See a koala bear (their claws are surprisingly sharp and their fur rougher than I imagined)
21. Milk a cow (it was hard and I was not very successful – surprised that the teats felt so hot)
22. Been to the Sydney Opera House
23. London’s Big Ben
24. Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris
25. The Great Wall of China
26. The Taj Mahal
27. The MET, New York
28. The Eiffel Tower
29. Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Boston
30. Collect Coins
31. Collect Stamps
32. Get a Masters
33. Invest in the Stock Market
34. Shop at Harrods, London
35. A Spectator at a Cirque du Soleil show
36. Get your palms read
37. Quit a job you hate
38. Throw someone a surprise party
And more inspiration from this list.
39. Live in a high rise condo with an amazing view
40. Fall in love.
41. Finish up your formal education (but continue learning)
Well I’ll stop there as I have one thing for every year I’ve lived. If you look into your life there are probably more wonderful things you’ve done than not done. You’ll probably amaze yourself and get a huge mood boost too.