It sure is flattering to receive the Liebster award from Singapore fashion bloggers Carmen & Natasha. Thank you ladies. I love that the idea of this award is to pass it on to 11 more bloggers.
The last time I received it from the lovely Lady J. This time the award seems to have expanded and there are a list of questions included to make it more fun.
Here are the rules:
- When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
- Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (make sure you tell them you nominated them!) and ask them 11 questions.
- You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated you!”
- Make sure the blogs you chose have 200 or LESS followers (don’t think I’m quite following this rule though)
11 random facts about bookjunkie
1. I have lived all my life in Singapore
2. I have yet to find a chocolate cake in Singapore that I like better than the frozen, packaged Sara Lee fudge cake.
3. I wear my heart on my sleeve and it’s hard for me to hide my emotions. If I’m upset you can see it plain and clear on my face.
4. I like bamboo plants but I don’t like eating bamboo shoots which you can often find in Ramen.
5. As a child I wished I had bone straight hair. I still do, even though I appreciate massive natural curls now.
6. I am unbashful about loving pink but only certain shades like powder pink or bubblegum pink for instance. Not shades with purple tones in them like fuschia or the awful metallic pink of some cars.
7. I like humble people.
8. I hate shopping in Singapore and prefer to do it online.
9. I wish I was born somewhere where there is real winter – I mean snow I can lay down in.
10. I prefer a bookstore to another other kind of store.
11. I feel sorry for people who haven’t developed a taste for durian. It’s heavenly to me and I can’t imagine life without the king of fruit.
And now for the questions from Carmen & Natasha
1. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go first and why?
I would go to Hokkaido as my kind of holiday is more about snow, fabulous food, scenic views and culture, than shopping
2. If you could buy anything right now at any price, what would you purchase?
Any price? A house in a place where I can experience winter. Where I could retreat and be the hermit that I am.
3. What is your favourite clothing brand?
At this moment I would say Zara.
4. If you had the chance to go back in time for 24 hours, where and when would you go?
I would go back to my early twenties so that I could truly appreciate my dad when he was alive.
5. What is your favourite blog?
I have a weakness for celebrity gossip and D-listed never fails to entertain me.
6. What has been one of your highlights as a blogger?
The community of kind people out there with their sweet comments.
7. What is the best decision you have ever made?
Biting the bullet and going to Helsinki and Stockholm even though I have massive fears about flying.
8. If you could be anyone else in the world right now, who would you be (must be alive)?
I would be Suri Cruise. She seems to have a charmed life.
9. What is your favourite song?
At the moment it’s Lost by Michael Buble.
10. What would your last meal be if you could choose anything?
It would be freshly baked chocolate fudge cake (not from Singapore).
11. What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
I’m so boring. Don’t think I’ve done anything crazy. Isn’t that sad? I guess I better get cracking.
Here are my 11 questions for my 11 nominated bloggers. I’m excited to read your answers.
1. What is the best trip you have ever made that you would recommend to others? Which country did you visit?
2. If you could choose, where would you have liked to be born?
3. What is your dream vocation?
4. What blog or website do you read daily without fail?
5. What book are you reading now?
6. Do you play an instrument?
7. What did you like best about your childhood?
8. What is your biggest regret?
9. Name 5 of your favourite foods?
10. Name your favourite celebrity.
11. What is the most important value to you?